Monday, October 2, 2017

Monday, October 2 - Still in Joe Wheeler State Park, Alabama



Woke up to a very somber morning with the Las Vegas shooting.  My brother and sister-in-law are in Vegas and we found out upon waking that they are safe!  Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their loved ones in this horrific ordeal!😭💝

We are spending one more night at Joe Wheeler State Park.

The best way to view the park is by bike (though there are A LOT of VERY large hills here).
We are just 200 miles from the base of the Smoky Mountains!

 Believe it or not, these are cabins, not homes, right on the lake!

Beautiful beach area,

as well as picnic grounds!


Later in the afternoon, Dave taught me how to play cribbage.
 I think I REALLY like cribbage! (My peg is black 😉)

So, since we got here yesterday, this is how the transient slip area of the marina looked in front of the lodge.

Within one hour of us finishing our game of cribbage, the transient docks looked like this!!!😲

We helped many of these boaters secure their lines.  In talking with the many boaters, one , we found out, is from Afton Marina; again, what a small world!  Most all of the boaters were from Green Turtle Bay and were heading to Chattanooga (at the very base of the Smoky Mountains) for a wine festival next weekend.  As for us, tomorrow we will be heading south (or north?😄); well, definitely going downstream, that I know.  We will be retracing our route until we get to the Tenn-Tombigbee.  I will be taking a few photos the next couple of days, but I have a feeling there might not be too many things that will be new.  Therefore, I will probably not be posting for a couple of days.  Stay tuned for the unique Tenn-Tombigbee!!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment